Communication Is Down...Now What?

. Monday, July 20, 2009
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

Have you ever felt today was going to be a productive day and then something comes along and turns your plans 180 degrees upside? Today seems to be one of those days. I had a busy day scheduled, speaking with both potential and current clients, when all of a sudden my phones went down. "My world is over" was my initial thought until I thought about what could be done during this valuable time.

Through this experience I have realized we are so focused on instant gratification; I call someone, they pick up the phone and we talk, that simple. But through this lack of communication I see there are still productive things I can get done.

This "down time" gives me the chance to reflect on my life so far allowing me to self audit myself and look for improvements in my life. Life is a precious and valuable commodity that we get comfortable with and in time take advantage of. This is a time to really enjoy what God has blessed me with. You can't ever become successful unless you can be grateful for what has been given to you in this present moment.

Life is a series of small, precious moments strung together over time. It reminds me of the popcorn garland I used to make as a kid. You piece it together one at a time, and over the course of a few hours you have a nice ornament to decorate your tree. If we can begin to enjoy each moment we can than begin to enjoy our life. Many people think successful people have experienced great moments a majority of the time. That maybe true, it differs for everyone. The majority of people have similar experiences, the difference is the successful individual sees it as a learning and growing opportunity. For example, if you parked in a parking lot a mile from the store, the successful individual sees it as an opportunity to get in some needed exercise.

You've heard it said life is what you make it, I agree and would add, "and what you think of it."

Your Success,

Joel

**********************************************************************
ACTION EXERCISE:

1. Take some time these next couple of days to reflect on your life and see what could be improved.

2. Be thankful each day for the circumstances and events in your life, good or bad. Remember it is how you look at them that make them good or bad.

3. Find a new appreciation for your valuable life and live each day to the fullest.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: