It Takes Only One

. Tuesday, July 28, 2009
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

I have been thinking about something for the past couple of weeks based on a sermon our pastor did, he said something that really stuck with me at that was "It only takes one..." The more I thought about that statement and meditated on it I realized, every event in my life has been because of one...thing.

At any point in my life I can remember one time and place that was almost like the first domino in a chain reaction of thousands; like a match lighting a firecracker. The one moment can be linked to everything afterwards of significance. Think back to a life-changing experience and than try and think back to the exact moment that led to that change. I know this all sounds "spacey" but sometimes it's good to think about this stuff because it does and is happening regardless of if you pay attention or not.

Maybe think about one particular reason you did something, or liked someone, or chose something, or anything else that comes to mind. There was almost this click that happened in your mind that said "there is a reason why I want this so now I'm gonna give it my all." It reminds me of a race. The runners are stagnant, then they make that decision to go for it (the whistle or gunshot), then they give it their all until the very end. That is something I strive for daily and I challenge you to do the same.

I didn't really write this post as an informational dialogue, I just wanted to let you know what was floating around up in this empty space I call my head. I hope this got you thinking. Maybe this can be the "one" something for you.

Your Success,

Joel

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: